Spit Bridge to Neutral Bay B-Line proposal approved
TfNSW has received planning approval for the B-Line program between Spit Bridge and Neutral Bay, which features a series of road improvement work to improve bus travel time and reliability between the Northern Beaches and the Sydney CBD.
A total of 342 submissions were received throughout the public display of the proposal in December 2016 and January 2017.
Key matters raised included concerns about parking, congestion, the relocation of bus stops, turning restrictions, environmental concerns and construction questions.
The approved proposal includes the removal of the following items from the scope of works:
- the construction of a new left hand turn lane from Spit Road (city bound) into Awaba Street, Mosman
- the permanent relocation of the M30 bus layover from Spit Road to Military Road east
- the construction of an indented bus bay on Military Road (citybound) between Murdoch Street and Hampden Avenue
- all proposed turn restrictions at the intersection of Military Road/Ben Boyd Road
- the proposed section of tidal flow at Ben Boyd Road,Neutral Bay.
The following scope item has been revised following community feedback:
the distance of relocation of outbound and citybound local bus stops from their existing location at Cremorne has been reduced.